blackknife: (On the Beach-By Oldscratch)

These are a carry over from yesterday’s Pad Thai Tofu Pizza recipe. I have had both style of sauce and the palm sugar and tamarind juice one tastes lighter than the second. However, the second one is closer to what I experience in most recipes. It has heat to it and really Thai food without a little heat in it isn’t doing it justice.

I don’t really have a recipe when I make this. I kind of do it until it tastes right. To me the sauce should be sweet, then salty then sour for it to be a really good sauce for the noodles. It’s good for the sauce to be kind of strong while it stands alone because once it’s actually mixed with noodles and all the things you taste in Pad Thai, it will balance out.

Pad Thai is actually really easy and one of my most favorite things to eat. I like it way better than say chow mein, which I can eat tons of.  I kind of dress that up Thai style, too. I really like the layers of Thai food and the way it brings so many flavor profiles together…okay so I have been watching a lot of “Chopped” so I almost sound like I know what I am talking about…almost.

 

 Pad Thai Sauce #1

1 cup tamarind juice

1 cup + 3 tablespoons palm sugar

1 cup of water

½ cup fish sauce

 

OR

 

Pad Thai Sauce #2

1 ½ Tablespoons of tamarind paste

½ cup fish sauce

½ teaspoon of chili sauce (or pepper flakes)

1/3 cup of packed light brown sugar

1/8 teaspoon of black pepper

 

Preparation (for both) : MIX IT IN A BOWL

Date: 2014-04-04 08:07 pm (UTC)From: [personal profile] darknightmoon
darknightmoon: (Default)
Excellent! Thank you xo

And yes, you sound like a pro ;-)

*is curious about "chopped" now, too*

Date: 2014-04-04 10:24 pm (UTC)From: [personal profile] darknightmoon
darknightmoon: (Default)
Ooo bootcamp, I've done that a few times at the gym we worked at years ago.. I thought it was heavy but satisfying :-)

I'm going for a quick shower, then get a midnight snack, and then watch that show I think =p

Profile

blackknife: (Default)
CAINE

April 2014

S M T W T F S
  12 3 45
678910 1112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930   

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 28th, 2026 03:07 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios